Skewers are great way to enhance mediocre cuts of beef into a really exciting way to feed your guests during BBQ season. The advantage is that they are fairly inexpensive to make and if you use metal skewers you can reuse them over and over. Always better o make these things yourselves since if its a way to upscale meat its better to know what you started with.
Simple Beef Skewers
- 500 gr beef good but inexpensive cut
- 4 Onions
- 1 Chili You choose the spiecyness
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce The better the better
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- Take a cheaper cut of beef here 500 gr
- Cut the meat in large dices, the lager the cut the more medium cooked meat you will have in the center.
- Mix in the spieces with the meat
- Cut up the chillie, onion and Garlic. You want the onion to be quite large so it holds well on the skewer. The chillie and Garlic I cut thinner so some of it would survive th BBQ, but they should do their work mostly before.
- Add Onions, Garlic and Chillie to the meat.
- Add the liquids and mix well.
- Cover with cling foil and then but in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight
- When you take them out of the fridge the color of the meat clearly indicates that the meat has changed its texture which is mainy due to the Vinigar and Soysauce, which should render the meat a lot more tender. It helps breaking the meat appart a bit like slowcooking would.
- Make skewers and BBQ depending on how well you want them done and how hot your BBQ is. I had them on for ca. 10 min. but rotating them quite often